Monday, November 22, 2004

Takin a piss

So the whole "Together we can go farther. Together we can stay gone forever. " was a bit sarcasm people. I was making fun of myself... hello?! Haven't you ever heard of self-deprication? Please no more e-cards of flying birds or sunsets.

Anyway, went paragliding again this weekend in Grenoble. It was so beautiful in the valley with snow-topped mountains towering in the back. The car ride up the mountain always makes me a little sick. My second time running off the cliff was surprisingly mellow. I wasn't questioning the proximity of my death nearly as much and enjoyed my flight. The only thing cooler than paragliding would be if actuall feathery wings sprouted out of my back and they served as my transportation.

Got the pleasure of experiencing a bit of the french medical establishment at it's finest today. Had to do a "routine" medical exam for my long stay visa. I was made to get a chest x-ray in the boonies of the boonies administered by some pervo 5'4" tall, white chest hair bearing, crucifix sporting, french sleeze bag radiologist. Quelle chance pour moi. He must really love his job. He gets to ask 50 foreign college-aged girls to disrobe for a useless Tuberculosis screening x-ray everyday. Who said being a civil servant is boring work.

The whole exeperience was horrifying from the ride on a bus full of ill freaks, to the shanty medical offices surrounded by cornfields. Although my favorite bit were the painful shreiks of terror and pain coming down the hall on my way out. It is the sound I had been feeling all day.

Still don't know what I am doing for the holidays. Must look into some package deals or something.

No comments: