Thursday, April 21, 2005

Tour Guide in two Languages

So I have been playing tour guide since Paris with my grandparents. It is funny cuz I have English in my ears and French coming out my mouth. They think I am fluent which just makes me laugh but I guess I am a lot better off than when I first got here.

Seeing the beaches of Normandy, the American Cemetary, and the WW2 memorial in Caen was very moving. I definitely appreciate the sacrifice made my the generations before mine. I would suggest anyone who wants to feel the effect of war to visit these memorials and keep their eyes open. Very moving and life changing.

In Avignon right now enjoying the golden sun of Provence. The lavender scented air and pollen laden breeze keeps my allergies active. Enjoying the warm nature of the local population, which is a nice change from the cold bastards in Paris.

Tomorrow going to Nice, will be visiting Monaco and Grasse, where perfume was invented. After I drop my grandparents off in Paris I think I am going to go wine tasting in Champagne and then who knows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Shortie,

I hate that I can't speak with you every day as when you were ensconced in Romans. But I'm so excited for you to be on the road and having another adventure. Do you remember your favorite movie when you were 2? "The Wizard of Oz." Who knew you'd grow up and be Dorothy? Be careful, be safe and have the time of your life. Then come home and tell me all.

Love,
The Female Parental Unit

Anonymous said...

hi miss shaw i'm Amandine, a french girl who was at triboulet and if we can't meet many times , Iwas very happy to meet you . You were a fabulous assistant and I hope you will come back to romans later I kiss you of many smack
and i'm so sorry for my very bad english
I speak better than I write
P.S (in french) tu es géniale, reste comme tu es je t'adore et ton blog est super même si je n'ai pas vraiment tout compris