Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Kavala and the island of Thasos

So Kavala was amazing, just like everything else in Greece. A small town on the sea with an old castle overlooking the port. The beaches there rival anything I have ever seen in San Diego, or even Cali. Warm crystal blue water and sand bottoms, perfect for swimming. On Sunday I headed out to the island of Thasos with my mom's friend Maria and her husband. Thasos has thousands of olive trees and just like Kavala it has great beaches. Unlike Santorini or Ios, Thasos has many trees and looks great for camping. My mom wants to retire there and I don't blame her. Perfection.

So Anne Marie is returning home tomorrow morning and I am heading back on Friday. We returned to Athens today and just like every other day in Athens it is freakin hot. Poli Zesty in Greek. I have two days to shop and lounge around till I have one long flight and a whole lot of culture shock.

But don't worry my dear reader, my adventures are not nearly over. I am only going home to get enough money to go to Australia and Thailand, maybe even India. You never know tho, life takes funny turns and you can never really plan for anything. Like the old joke goes, if you want to tell a funny joke tell God your life plans.

Comment if you think I should keep the website.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You MUST keep the web site! There is no doubt about it!! Beyond the fact that your are a great writer and your adventures are an amazement to those of us housebound, it makes it possible for a parent to find you and confirm your continued existence. See you soon, My Luli. But just long enough to get you rested and set you free again.

Mom

Anonymous said...

lexi lexi...only mother knows best, so listen to her and keep the site. what else am i going to do in work time?

Jimm from Oz

Anonymous said...

It's good to know that despite smarmy French men, foiled pickpockets, way too much partying, high speed cop chases through the streets of Romans, cars careening through one way streets in Monaco, Gordon's sign language, no sleep, cold showers, no showers, bathroom imprisonment, "French" toilets, nude German men, a cut foot, a cut finger, UGAMs, lack of burgers and burritos, hearing "It's not you, it's me." in French, Amsterdam (need I say more?), strikes, skis, the discovery of the power of pheromones, the smell of Grasse, serious legalism vis a vis visas, homesickness, absurd antiamerican prejudices, goddess worship by French teenage boys, madonnas, maddonas, madonnas, toga parties, churches, churches, churches, that poor pitiful pigeon, trains, buses, ferries, bikes, and good old feet (only slightly injured), you found your way to our old friends, who as expected, treated you like a long lost daughter. Welcome home.
Dad

Anonymous said...

I am Tony's Brother, Matt, Hi.
I think its a very cool site.I like the curiouse cows, the huts, and the biking.Sounds like a lot of adventure.I wish I could have done what you are doing when I was your age. And you are good at this writing thing. The photos are cool to. I hope you do continue. This is interesting and I want to see where you go next!

Anonymous said...

I was on Thasos last year. It is my favorite destination.