Thursday, July 14, 2005

Run For Your Life

10 abroad months... tick tick tick... 7 months in France...tick tick tick... 3 months backpacking Europe... tick tick tick...5 weeks in Greece... tick tick tick... 19 hours and 40 minutes until I fly home... BUZZZZZZ!!! My European life is slipping away one minute at a time. I fly home tomorrow morning. It is hard to accept that I will have to return to working life with a boss and schedule. I mean that is real life, isn't it? I have had such a good life here. From learning how to live in French culture to chasing my fantasies all over Europe, life has treated me well. I have met amazing people, I have learned so much about myself and what I want, and all the while I have been seeing the most beautiful sights.

This chapter is ending. My year in Europe. But the book is not nearly finished. I will go home for a breif sejour with the family and be back out on the road to another hemisphere as soon as I can, probably by mid-October.

For those of you who have read my website, thank you. I never knew who in my life cares enough of check in. I will keep this website updated with my summer in San Diego and all the trouble I get into there and will post more travel stories as soon as I get back out on the road. Considering I am a fan of the road trip, my first travel story will probably be in California.

Thank you for your support and encouragement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So i guess you're back home now, i hope it's not too much of a culture shock. I'm still in Grenoble having an awesome time but only for one week more, then home to start my uni work for next year :( but planning to come back to France (though not Romans!) once the exams are over. Take care, Katie x

Anonymous said...

Home. It may not be as seductive as sitting on an Italian shore and listening to jazz as the waves lap up. It may not be as exhilerating as jumping off a French cliff, breath held, as the world rises up to greet you. It may not be as exciting as stepping out into a new world on any given morning and wondering what adventure will greet you. It is the place where someone listens for your key in the door every night, knowing you're home safe. It is the place where people will listen when you rail against life's injustices. It is the place where you can count on someone top come to your rescue if you really need it. It's where people want to sit with you and listen to your adventures. In short, my dear, it is the place where people love you, miss you, laugh with you and await your return whether it's in a year or in an hour. Every time. Bisous. Mom