Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Corfu Madness

Decided that I was OVER Italy, skipped Sicily and had to get to Greece. Couldn't be happier with the situation really. It actually would be better if I had slept since Sunday night, but so far my stay has been great. I left Marika's house in the south of Italy on Monday morning, rode on a train to Bari, took an overnight ferry to Igio...something in Greece, took another ferry to Corfu, arrived at the Pink Palace, took a shot of ouzo, checked into my room and am heading down to the beach. It's Tuesday at noon and I am out of my head. I bet I should catch a nap before the debauchery tonight, but some zzzz's on the sand might just have to do. The word is that this place is like a party summer camp that people just can't leave and I suspect that it is true. I booked 5 nights, my final night being a real deal toga party, and expect the craziest to occur. Now mom, I know what you are thinking, that this is totally not culturally Greek and that I am hanging with a bunch of drunk anglophones, well you are right. This is madness, utter hedonism. I will get to the cultural stuff later but for now I just need the beach, my bathing suit, and an ivory smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has been so fun to read. Only a week till Annie's there and I can breath easy again.Sorry about your foot-and the knife.
Love, Grams

Anonymous said...

My sweet child, all you ever needed was your big blue eyes and ivory smile. Filakia (little kisses)...have fun and be safe. Mom

Anonymous said...

Lexi, sounds like you are having a blast. Be safe and keep the stories coming!
Carrie