Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My foot in Sorrento

UPDATE ON INJURY: Today I went to the hospital in Rome to make sure I wasn't going to have some horrible turn of luck when I was up Mt. Vesuvius. Word is all is well, the docs checked me out and wrapped me up. No stitches! They did say to stay off my feet for five days, at which I just laughed. Best part was they let me go without paying a cent! Once again, yippee for socialized medicine.

Made it to Sorrento and after checking out the town I decided to only stay one day. It is nice and mellow but since I can't enjoy the beach there is really no point treking out to Capri. The town itself if beautiful, perched on the Bay of Naples with Mt. Vesuvius looming in the background. Tomorrow I am going to wonder around Pompeii and then head down to my girl Marika's house in Lamezia Terme. I am not sure how long I am going to spend there but according to doctor's orders I need to take a rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

G'day Lexie, we were a fine pair together but... I almost laughed reading your injury report! However only because our 'favourite' part of Croatia ... the good ol' Croatian Marble was the near death of me too!
There was an enormous storm in Dubrovnik the day after you left and I slid the complete length of those stairs beside our room at Begovič's house! Now with a bruised elbow, wrist, heal, and badly bruised butt, cut ankle and pulled muscles in my back and calf!! I think we'd be a great pair trudging down the streets with our packs (and suitcase!)
P.s. still waiting for a hot shower, it's nearly been a week!