Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Can't Idealize it Quite Yet

I'm photo happy and at a loss for words. I am in the midst of my Close of Service conference lost in the possibilities of my future. Visuals must suffice.

The massive bug that was in the shower with me was as big as a pair of scissors. I just threw a cup over him till I was done bathing, all the while he was bumping up against the side and trying to get out. In America I think I would have killed it. For some reason here it just doesn't seem worth it.



This gargantuan moth was decapitated by a Praying Mantis. Pretty intense.



Good bye Warthog sandwiches!! Pumba, you taste so good.



My last radio was my best. As soon as I signed off I felt my heart sink a little. Will I ever DJ again?



The passion fruit in my backyard is kicking! It has overtaken my shade structure and will give a lot of fruit this year. I hope the next volunteer enjoys it.



The last view of my village. The mysterious beauty of walking on.



These little boys begged me to take their pic. Of course I obliged because they were so cute.



Oh birds, how do I love thee? A red bishop and some other bird chill on a branch. Ahhh........



Flower and Bug



The night sky as seen from my backyard in my village, Sinthiouroudji.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great photos. you must be excited about coming home!?

jimmy

Anonymous said...

I am so proud. There are no words. Mom

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your pictures. It has been so wonderful to see this beautiful part of the world. I have loved looking at your site and have been impressed by your humor, your courage and your obvious love for the people you've worked with. Thank you again for sharing.