Thursday, October 07, 2004

Autumn starts with a bang

There is a real honest to goodness storm going on right now. I haven’t seen anything like this in years. For the past couple of days there has been wind so strong in could knock you over. Then today it was calm with heavy clouds in the sky. My roomie Katie and I were walking to the store today to get booze and food when the bone in my hand that was broken in Mexico a few years ago started to ache. We had the other assistants over for drinks at Café Chaud, the name we have given the terrace outside of my room. We spoke in English and French about our lives at home and what there is to do around Romans, not a goddamn thing. After dusting 5 bottles of wine we came inside to eat when we heard the pitter patter on the window. It was almost cute the way is sounded so gentle and inviting. A couple of the girls had to walk home as it was getting late, so I lent one of the my umbrella even though she said that she didn’t need it. About fifteen minutes later I saw a lightening outside my window, and for the last hour there has been the most incredible crashes and flashes lighting up the sky. Now it is raining cats and dogs. We had to walk Antonio, the Spanish assistant, back to his flat on the other side of the school in the dark all alone. Talk about scary movie material, I almost pissed myself when I caught my own reflection in flash of lightening. The school is so old and huge that it seems like it has a life of it’s own. I dare not to walk down the halls by myself at night for fear of having a paranoia induced heart attack.

So when I become the President of the USA or the Governor of Cali, the first thing I am going to do is invite homeless families for dinner at the White house, or the Governors house. And no press allowed cuz I hate that publicity driven crap. I would do it to show the people that I stand shoulder to shoulder with them, whether they have money or not. Wouldn’t that be great to see a bunch of homeless people doing laundry at the White house and having a cheese sandwich with the Prez. God, I am going to be a cool president. And I am going to do a whole lot more stuff in the Rose Garden. It is too pretty to be ignored.

Gonna lay here and watch the storm for a little while longer. I am just loving real weather.

Vote Shaw in 2030

No comments: