Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Freaking Cold

So I heard about the slaughter of 50 percent of the workforce at Maxim. That sucks dudes, but it shouldnt be that bad. At least there is a severence package. Who needs em anyway, go find a job at a company with a drug that actually works.

As for me and mine, I am freezing my fingers off here in France. The cold is here and it is only gonna get colder. It rains almost everyday, but that doesnt stop me from going out and running or rowing on the river. My roomie Katie and I have become little workout goddesses. I figure that I am 22 and this is as good as it is gonna get.

The students have almost made me homocidal. I freakin hate teenagers and highschool. The teachers run between cool and shit and can make my life hell if they want to. I currently have no voice to scream at the little beasts anymore cuz I have been working on pronunciation. It is really amusing to scream Think... Sink over and over until you dont know how to say it yourself... A real freakin riot.

Luckily for me I am getting my first week of paid vacay starting on Friday!!! Gotta love the French welfare state. My girl Jenny and I are gonna go to Barcelona to cause some trouble. I dont speak Espanol anymore so I hope to make it out alive and kickin ass.

Last weekend I went up to Grenoble for yet another party with the Frenchies. I have been meeting such cool peeps since I have been out here. I guess my crap American accent is perceived to be sexy so dudes are super interested in my deal. The shame is that they all try to speak English with me in these terrible accents that remind me of my students. Sweet french nothings= sexy... Broken ass English= gross.

Going back to the Alps this weekend for a rock concert. I have no idea who these band are, I am just looking forward to the social interaction en Francais.

Feel free to comment on my blog. I love reading what peeps have to say.

Until next time.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So did jenny go w/ you to barcelona? I'm thinking no. anyway, I'm glad you had such a fun time. In your e-mail, you said i should get out of SC. Where should I go? I can't afford to just move to a city and then in less than a year move again. I don't want to live in glendale w/ my parents. I know you feel like you're on top of the world right now (and we are all happy for you) but don't you think i already want to leave SC? Your comments don't exactly make me feel good. i know you're just trying to motivate me and i appreciate it. the day you tell me to never leave sc, i'll know you've gone mad. but there's not a lot i can do right now. i'm kind of in this weird transitional phase. i'm stuck here for a little bit but i'm making the most of it. i ride horses again and i watch the sun set over the pacific ocean every evening. i'm trying to apprciate it as much as i can while i still can.
anyway, I'm glad you had so much fun in barcelona. that was definitely one place i wnated to go to.
Happy Thanksgiving
i love you and miss you
Lucy
what's the word on india?